Wednesday, December 19, 2007

My First Meme!


I've been a lazy fuck and not updating. Have you missed me?

Here's a short list of what I've been doing instead of blogging:
1. watching TV
2. playing Zelda
3. rocking around the Christmas tree and spreading Hanukkah joy.

Lucky for me Daisy tagged me for a Christmas meme (my first ever!) so I don't have to ask much of my atrophied brain cells.

1. Egg nog or Hot Chocolate?

Soy nog. It is nog sans the dairy coated tongue stuck to the roof of your mouth.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa has no time to wrap, people. He's just one man!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White lights in the tree. I have no house. I drape many many lights in my tree to compensate.

4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Yes. And I strictly uphold the mistletoe rules whenever people are at my house.

5. When do you put your decorations up?
Weekend after Thanksgiving! But no Christmas music until December 1.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
Latkes.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child.
Driving between my parents' houses with my brother and sister on Christmas Eve singing Christmas carols in the car.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Some part of me knew, since our stockings were always full of the fruit that was in the fruit bowl on Christmas Eve. But I clung on. When I was 7, my parents were like: you're getting too old for this shiz.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas eve?
One for everyone!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Lights wrapped around the trunk and all around the branches. So many lights. Then lots of ornaments from our friends and family. Most of them are horses and dobermans.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
I adore snow. I will sled on 1/2 inch of snow on a plastic bag.

12. Can you ice skate?
Poorly, yes.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Probably my plastic rocking horse. I used to ride that thing like I was headed to China.

14. What is the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Seeing lots of family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday dessert?
Pumpkin pie and fingerprint cookies.

16. What is your favorite Holiday tradition?
Stockings. Hello, what could be better than a dangling sock full of presents.

17. What tops your tree?
Ambrosia the Holiday Hooker. She is a trashed-out Barbie complete with smeared lipstick, a leg burned to a stub, and pubic hair. Our friends delivered her to us in an empty 6-pack. She is the most beautiful tree topper in the world.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
I'm starting to much prefer giving. That's when you know you're getting old.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Noel

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Delicious. Until I stab myself in the roof of the mouth with the pointy-ass tip.

Dude. This was harder than writing an actual post. But I did it! And I tag starrhill girl.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've not heard this word before. I read Daisy's blog and thought she accidentally misspelled "memo" --- that she wanted to memo us some info about her preferences re. holidays. I'm ashamed. Who needs to own up to my ignorance of this concept --- grade school teachers, university professors or have I not been paying attention? Here's the part of definition I like best:

A cultural unit (an idea or value or pattern of behavior) that is passed from one generation to another by nongenetic means (as by imitation); "memes are the cultural counterpart of genes". This makese me think about (and hope that) after the holidays, somebody should compose a "meme" concerning pregnancy. Has anyone read Sylvia Hewlett's book "Creating a Life: Professional women and the quest for children"? Would love to hear responses.
Gold Star: Read D.H. Lawrence's short story "The Rocking Horse Winner", 1926 -- I think.

Anonymous said...

Off topic... I love the way you've done a color stripe under your crown moulding. You've got to be expert painters to pull that off!

Anonymous said...

Ambrosia is superb! I love her! Can we see a picture of the many, many light too please? Pretty please? I love me some serious lights!

Anonymous said...

this comment is to b - we paid a professional to do the moulding. we just could not have pulled it off - but thank you for noticing!

charlotte said...

which zelda? the wii one? super fun times.

wow that was uber geeky of me.

blog more play less.

Eva said...

What happened to you?

Jen said...

Ambrosisa is the funniest damn tree topper I've ever seen, bar none. :oD