Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Chorus of Voices Has Spoken

All right, all right, already! I'm deaf from the noise of your protest! You twisted my arm! You've entangled me in your intricate and irrefutable web of truth! I won't push back the appointment!

In all seriousness, though, thanks for your thoughts. Bleu is right, I would be antsy if I didn't go. But it's early, so things might be vague and that will introduce its own kind of drama. But I have my legions of readers to think of, no? I will stand firm and attend the ultrasound on the eve of my birthday, if only to put your minds at ease.

Tomorrow is the big day. Infertile Pediatrician, you give E great hope, and I thank you for that because she was becoming a bit of a Debbie Downer with her twin-griping.

Although I must tell you that irony ruled the day yesterday. E had to attend a Fancy Fundraising Event last night for...of all things...the Multiple Birth Center of a major metropolitan hospital. Thus she spent the evening interrogating parents of twins and triplets, all of whom glowed with delirious joy about the wonders of parenting multiples.

She came home a wiser woman. And I'd wager - particularly after yesterday's post - we are all glad for that.

5 comments:

daisy said...

I'm glad you came to your senses! You know you're not the only two involved here. I'D like to know what we (uh, I mean you) are having...1 or 2. I'm waiting...(drumming fingers on desk)

Daisy

Anonymous said...

As someone who was hanging around the vicinity on your BIRTHday 29 years ago, I'd like to toast to your best-ever birthday gift at 2pm EST tomorrow! And here's to E --- and whoever is (are?) hiding inside.
Finger drumming with daisychain...

Anonymous said...

I'm finger drumming too...
glad you didn't postpone it- even though i didn't get around to adding my opinion to that post!

how ever many little little ones are hiding in there I think it you both will be more than fine!

Anonymous said...

Welllllll.

Good luck tomorrow and happy birthday from a fellow libran...

Anonymous said...

It goes w/ out saying that you'll be sympathetic to your legions of loyal readers and post something soon after the u/s right? What time is the u/s today? Oh yeah, happy birthday! :)